Message from the Dean
Welcome to the College of Education and Behavioral Sciences.
Mission and Vision:
College of Education and Behavioral Sciences is one of the colleges in Wachemo University, working to achieve the university's goal of attaining selected Excellency areas. Taking its part, the college is contributing to an aspiring center of excellence in education, personality development, and behavior modification through education and life skill training. The college was established in 2014.
The overall mission of the CEBS is to undertake teaching, research, and community services geared to developing the education sector and related fields. More specifically, the mission of the college is to:
- Improve the quality of education, teaching-learning, assessment systems, and pedagogical capacity building ;
- Support the implementation of the University-wide reform in educational management, pedagogy, and curriculum through capacity-building endeavors;
- Undertake educational research to generate new and innovative approaches and enhance the dissemination of outputs through nationally and internationally recognized journals and related publications;
- Prepare high-caliber, committed, confident, and socially responsible educators, educational policy analysts, educational planners, educational managers/leaders, human resources developers, trainers, and teachers;
- Forge and promote partnerships locally and internationally to enhance the development of networks in the area of education and educational research;
- Establish learning and teaching; educational policy and leadership study; and early childhood care and education (ECCE) centers;
- Establish primary and secondary model schools that can also be used to test innovations and train would-be teachers and
- Provide consultancy services for educational institutions, the public, and policymakers.
As a vision, the CEBS aspires to be the center of excellence in educational reforms, educational management, educational research, and training through extensive use of modern information and scholarly communication technologies at all levels. The college maintains, as its core values, the cherished ethical, intellectual, personal, and social values that influence the choice of teaching methods, research agenda, and dissemination of research results.
CEBS strives to attain the “let your light shine in the society “motto of the university, focusing on integrated community development.
All the departments and their programs are compiled under the profile of each department.
EDUCATION FOR ALL IS FOR ALL!